Don’t Stress! Follow These Tips to Plan a Super Sweet Sixteen Party
This is it! Your baby is finally turning 16, and they’re so excited that they can finally plan the party they’ve always dreamed of. But where do you begin? When you start thinking about all the details that go into planning a party, it can seem overwhelming. Don’t worry – Village Catering has years of experience planning sweet sixteen parties in Philadelphia, and our knowledgeable staff will work with you to plan the ultimate event. Before you get started, here are some things you should do.
- Determine your guest list. Do you want to invite mostly family members, or is your child going to invite the entire sophomore class? Knowing how many people you’re inviting will help you figure out a reasonable budget and pick the right venue.
- Figure out a theme. Many kids like to choose a central theme – Hawaiian luau, Hollywood, Spring Fling – you name it, someone has made it into a party theme. If you’re stumped, there are thousands of ideas on the Internet to get you started. Everything from centerpieces to party favors will feel more special if it fits in and incorporates elements of your theme.
- Reserve your venue. If you’re looking to rent a larger venue, like our beautiful Cottage Green, then you’ll want to make reservations at least two to three months in advance to make sure your date is available.
- Stick to your budget. As the planning goes along, you (or your little darling) might start thinking of more ideas that would significantly stretch your budget. If you want to splurge in one area, consider cutting back somewhere else. Try making cute DIY favors that will be a winner with your wallet and your guests.
- Don’t stress out! We can’t emphasize this one enough. Planning a party of this scale can sometimes bring out the worst in people as you and your child start arguing over all the little details. When you work with us, we don’t just provide the food for your party – we help you plan everything, offer a full-service wait-staff and can even provide the entertainment!
So, relax! If you’re looking to plan a sweet sixteen party in Bucks County, PA, come to Village Catering. We’ll make the planning as painless as possible for you while giving your teen and their friends a night to remember.