4 DIY Tips for Thrifty Brides
Weddings can be astronomically expensive, but not every bride is willing to use her life savings to pay for her special day. That being said, it’s still possible to have an awesome wedding while working within a tighter budget. After selecting your wedding caterer in Philly, there’s still plenty more work to do. Here are some things that you can do yourself to save money and add personal flair to your wedding.
- Wholesale flowers – From bouquets to boutonnieres to centerpieces, flowers can quickly take a big chunk out of your wedding budget. If you’re just a little bit artistically inclined, or you have a friend or family member who is, consider ordering wholesale flowers online. Not only will you pay less than buying from a florist, but you’ll also be able to get exactly the blooms you’re looking for.
- Homemade wedding favors – There are tons of options for fun and unique favors to hand out to your guests at the end of the night. A few of our favorites:
- Mix CD – Make a playlist of your favorite love songs, or songs that you intend to play at the wedding, and burn them onto CD’s
- Sachets – If you own a sewing machine, try getting some dried lavender and fabric remnants to create cute and thoughtful gifts.
- Candles – There are plenty of recipes out there for making your own candles, and you can customize both your container and the scent for a unique gift.
- Invitations and save-the-date cards – This is another area where you might not anticipate spending a lot, but the cost of professional invitations and stamps can add up quickly. Instead, buy some colorful paper yourself and print them at home or a store.
- Your makeup – Even if you’re not totally makeup savvy, there are plenty of tutorials online to help you out. Go for a simple, natural look that plays up your best features. If you’re not confident in your skills, start practicing a few weeks in advance, or have a friend help you. This will save you a lot of money, and you won’t have to worry about making it to your appointment on time.
One thing we don’t recommend skipping out on is choosing a high-quality wedding caterer in Philadelphia. At Village Catering, not only will we serve your guests delicious food, but we also give you the opportunity to relax and enjoy your big day. Give us a call today to make your wedding reservation.