Your Wedding Planning Checklist: What to Do When
From sending out save-the-dates to booking the perfect banquet hall in Bucks County to finally saying “yes” to the dress, planning a wedding can be exciting, thrilling, overwhelming, and stressful. We’ve created a basic checklist of your wedding essentials, along with a timeline detailing when everything should be done. If you’re getting ready to walk down the aisle, start planning about 12 months in advance with our simple outline.
- Twelve to nine months from the date. You should begin planning your wedding at least one year in advance, though some couples start as early as 16 months out. At this point, you should begin the basic first steps on planning. Along with your partner, set a budget, choose a honeymoon destination, decide on your guest list and wedding party, and begin researching vendors, venues, and caterers.
- Nine to five months from the date. You’ll want to book your caterers, photographers, and Pennsylvania banquet hall about nine months before your wedding, as these essentials tend to book up in advance. Book your entertainment, create your registry, choose a dress, and mail out save-the-dates to your guests.
- Five to four months from the date. Five to four months before your ceremony, you’ll want to nail down details of non-essential venues, including your rehearsal dinner space and day-after brunch if you’re hosting one. Select and order your cake, schedule hair and makeup appointments, and schedule wedding dress fittings with a tailor if your dress needs adjustments.
- Three to two months from the date. As the wedding date looms closer, follow up on final RSVPs and touch base with all of your vendors to make sure everything is on schedule. You may also want to choose the music playing at your wedding and instruct the band or DJ on specific songs or genres you don’t want to hear.
- One month from the date. One month to a week before the date of your wedding, add finishing touches to your ceremony. Book a spa treatment a few days before your wedding, get your marriage license, break in your shoes, and get ready to pack for your honeymoon!
At Village Catering, we know that planning a wedding can be stressful. Our staff does everything we can to make weddings held at our spaces a smash hit. If you’re interested in learning more about catering or venues for your wedding, give the team at Village Catering a call today at 215-437-3337.