The Year Before the Wedding: 5 Steps to Take Now
If you’ve just gotten engaged, it can feel like the wedding is still far, far away—after all, with 12 months to plan, why start now? However, it’s recommended that wedding ceremony and reception planning begin as soon as possible to help brides and grooms stay on-budget and ensure that they’re able to get in with the venue, entertainment, and catering company in Philadelphia that they want. Here are five steps to take in the 16 to 12 months before the wedding:
- Figure out your budget. The first thing you should do when you start the wedding planning process is to put a budget on your wedding. Your budget will play a large role in determining your guest list size, the type of venue you’ll be able to reserve, and your dress. Sit down with your partner and figure out how much you’d like to spend, factoring in contributions from family members as well.
- Choose your wedding party. As soon as you make your engagement announcement, your friends and family members will want to know who will be in the ceremony. “Pop the question” to your bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, and ring bearers early, so they have time to save the date.
- Start researching caterers. Research Philadelphia catering companies that are within your budget and offer menu choices that appeal to you. Be sure to remember to factor in the special dietary needs of your guests and your wedding party before you book.
- Narrow down your guest list. Unfortunately, most couples simply don’t have enough money to invite all of their friends and extended family members to their ceremony. Narrow down your guest list to fit your budget now and send out invitations about six months before the ceremony.
- Throw an engagement party. Everyone loves a party, and your engagement is the perfect excuse to celebrate—just remember that everyone invited to your party should also be on your guest list.
Looking for the perfect venue and catering company for your big day? Village Catering is here to help! Give our team a call today at 215-437-3337 to learn more and get started today!