Winter Weddings Are Anything But Dull!
Without a doubt, spring and summer are the most popular times for brides to plan their weddings. But a winter wedding can be just as elegant, and you might even have an easier time trying to reserve your ideal wedding venue. Of course, if you’re looking for wedding venues in Philadelphia, Village Catering offers our beautiful Cottage Green for your special day; or, have us cater at the location of your choice! No matter where you hold your winter wedding, here are some inspirations to create your own winter wonderland.
- Long sleeve dresses are back! Thanks to Kate Middleton’s iconic wedding gown, there are plenty more long-sleeved wedding dresses to choose from than there were several years ago – perfect for staying a little bit warmer in chilly weather.
- Faux fur shawls and coats are fabulous and practical. Want to take pictures outdoors without freezing? Don’t force a smile as you try not to think about how cold you are; instead, don a furry accessory to keep you comfortable. (Have your bridesmaids wear them, too – you’ll all match, and they will definitely thank you after spending twenty minutes outside with your photographer.)
- Complete your look with velvet shoes. Forget sandals and open-toed shoes in 30-degree weather. Opt for some cozy and chic velvet pumps or ballet flats. If you’re feeling bold (hey, it’s your wedding!), add a pop of color by incorporating your wedding color theme into your footwear!
- Metallic accents make your venue sparkle. Copper and gold accents can make everything shine, from your bridesmaids’ dresses to centerpieces to tablecloths and wedding favors. Even your cake can be dusted in gold for a magical glow.
- Forget the pastels. Sure, the landscape might look dull and gray in the winter, but that doesn’t mean your wedding has to be! Choose vivid jewel tones like berry, eggplant, wine, navy, emerald and turquoise. And don’t let your wedding planner tell you that your two favorite colors don’t “match.” Unexpected color patterns add excitement, and you can use flowers and centerpieces to tie everything together.
When you’re ready to plan your winter wedding reception in Bucks County, PA, give Village Catering a call at 215-437-3337. With over 30 years of experience in the industry, we’ll make sure that your special day goes off without a hitch.