Planning Your Wedding: Where to Save and Where to Splurge
Planning a wedding can be one of the most fun (and stressful) endeavors of your life. Unfortunately, hosting a wedding can also cost thousands of dollars. Though weddings can be expensive, it’s possible to still host a fantastic wedding while working on a budget — you just need to know where to spend and where to save.
- Photography: splurge. You’ll cherish your wedding photographs for the rest of your life. Splurge on an experienced wedding photographer to ensure that your big day is captured the right way. You might even want to hire a photographer with an assistant or two to make sure that every angle of your ceremony and reception is documented.
- Makeup: save. The last thing you want is to look like a different person on your wedding day. Save your money and handle your makeup yourself.
- Shoes: splurge. From standing at the altar to dancing the night away, you’ll be on your feet for most of your wedding day. Splurge on a sturdy and comfortable pair of shoes — your toes will thank you!
- Music: save. In the age of Spotify and Pandora, there’s no need to blow half of your budget on a band. Create a playlist of your favorite tunes beforehand for a fun and budget-friendly option!
- Food: splurge. Lunch restaurants in Northeast Philadelphia know that guests can be hungry and anxious to eat after an especially long ceremony. Splurge on the right caterer — especially if they’re also handling your cake!
- Favors: save. Wedding favors can be fun, but there are better places to spend your budget. Most guests will appreciate a handwritten thank you card and a small photo of you and your spouse over a trinket.
Is planning your Philadelphia wedding reception stressing you out? A wedding package from Village Catering can make things much simpler for you! Give us a call today to learn more or get started!